Liferay leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for the 6th time
Research and advisory company Gartner has made Liferay a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portals for the sixth time in succession. Liferay again scored well for both performance capability and vision, and has now overtaken competitors such as Microsoft, Oracle and SAP.
This means open source portal software supplier Liferay remains a leader in a market that has changed dramatically over the past five years. Mobile, social, cloud and information are becoming increasingly interwoven, so that the need for single personalized access has become much stronger, Gartner observed. The accent has moved towards user experience, apps and personalization.
Strength of Liferay
One of the strengths of Liferay, according to Gartner, is the recent partnership with Red Hat JBoss, previously a competitor in the open source portal software market. Gartner noted that Liferay’s business customer base is growing faster than that of other market players. Although alterations to the licensing system have delayed turnover increases, they do mean that the organization is working purposefully towards a more sustainable business model.
Gartner's Magic Quadrants
The Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portals is one of the Magic Quadrants in which Gartner analyses a specific sector of the IT market on the basis of a fixed set of criteria for performance capability and vision. Market leaders are positioned in four categories: niche players, visionaries, challengers and leaders.
Gartner is a leading research and advisory company in the information technology sector, based in Stamford, Connecticut. The company serves customers in 85 countries around the world with research, analysis and interpretation in the field of IT.
Would you like more information or are you interested in the complete report? Please contact Componence via email@example.com or +31(0)20 44 99 560. You will find more information about Gartner at www.gartner.com.
- Componence main sponsor of DevCon 2017 Amsterdam
- Componence has been Liferay Platinum Partner for 5 years
- Webinar! Read Mobile First with Liferay Screens - part 4
- Release of Valamis Learning Experience Platform 3.2 EE
- Valamis receives Brandon Hall Group Technology Award
- Now available: Mobile First with Liferay Screens – part 3
- Read now: Mobile First with Liferay Screens – part 2
- Mobile First with Liferay Screens – part 1
- Componence launches native mobile app with Liferay Screens
- Release of Valamis 3.0 EE
- Valamis supplier Arcusys recognized as Representative Vendor by Gartner
- Liferay site for 1nP launched
- Looking back on a successful Liferay & Valamis DSF
- Successful rollout of Liferay social intranet MyAHK
- Liferay registration site for PsyQ Nijmegen live
- Liferay & Valamis Digital Solutions Forum 17 March
- New Liferay site for healthcare provider PsyQ goes live
- Migration of 15 Liferay sites from 6.1 to 6.2 by Componence
- Liferay leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for the 6th time
- Back to school with Valamis 2.4